There are two ways to become a Coach Developer candidate:
- Master Coach Developers (MCDs), Provincial Sport Organizations (PSOs), and Ringette Canada can identify Coach Developer candidates.
- Individuals can nominate themselves.
Individuals who nominate themselves submit a Self-nomination form. Once submitted, an email notification will be sent to the candidate’s Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) or Ringette Canada, along with their resume which would be uploaded into their profile.
To access the application form, candidates must log in to their profile in this website, go to the status page, select "Coach Develoepr" from the drop-down menu and click on step 1 of the Coach Developer (LF or CE) box: “Coach Developer Application”.
Selection of Learning Facilitators
It is recommended that Learning Facilitators are:
- Trained or certified in the context they are delivering in;
- Good communicators: have the ability to speak clearly and communicate professionally;
- Good presenters: are comfortable presenting in front of a group, are well spoken, are able to keep presentations to time limits, and able to adapt to questions and changes;
- Good facilitators: are able to facilitate discussions, actively listen, evoke participation, and move discussions along when need be;
- Good organizers: are well prepared, organized, and professional;
- Also: approachable, ethical, responsible, and self-confident.
It is recommended that Learning Facilitators have the following sport-specific experience, background, and abilities:
- At least 5 years experience in the sport of ringette as a coach.
Learning Facilitators can expect to have their expenses paid for them during the length of the course. This will include per diem, mileage, and accommodations where necessary. Furthermore, LFs can expect to receive a minimum honorarium of $150 per course. In order to remain active, and you will need to abide by the code of conduct.
It is recommended that Coach Evaluators have:
- a minimum of 3 years of coaching experience in the context in which evaluation takes place;
- successfully completed the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training and evaluation requirements;
- credibility with their peers;
- high ethical standards and leadership skills;
- a desire to see the coach certification system as well as the sport grow;
- time and energy to commit to the evaluation process;
- proven guiding and facilitation skills;
- the ability to be critically reflective and ask questions; and
- the ability to listen actively to the candidate.
It is recommended that Coach Evaluators have the following sport-specific experience, background, and abilities:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the sport of ringette as a coach.
- Be certified in the context in which they are evaluating coaches.
Evaluators can expect to receive a minimum honorarium of $75 per evaluation.
Master Coach Developers
It is recommended that Master Coach Developers:
- Have five years of experience as a Learning Facilitator and/or Coach Evaluator;
- Are Certified as a Learning Facilitator and/or Coach Evaluator;
- Have successfully completed the Make Ethical Decisions online evaluation;
- Are trained or educated in an area related to coaching or coach education;
- Have experience in coaching or a specific sport.
The duties of an MCD include:
- Helping with selection of the Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators, and other Master Coach Developers
- Training of the Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators, and other Master Coach Developers
- Evaluation of the Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators, and other Master Coach Developers
- Mentoring of the Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators, and other Master Coach Developers