Managers Certification Program
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR MANAGER’S CERTIFICATION PROGRAM TEST:
This managerial "course" has been designed specifically for those who may not wish to coach, yet wish to contribute and be involved in a team"s organization. The information contained in the Managers Certification is valuable and beneficial for any individual in the "team sport" setting. It is highly recommended that those people who are currently in a coaching role obtain this manual to help increase their knowledge in the area of team administration. This program is intended to prepare an individual for a managerial or an administrative position on any Ringette team.
- After creating your online profile, you will be able to access the Manager’s Certification Program by clicking on the appropriate tab. When prompted, you will have to make an online payment of $25.00 through PayPal. You will then have access to the program.
- Please read through the material online and answer the respective questions. You will not be able to advance to the next section without having successfully answered the questions. Thus, you will be re-directed to the appropriate material to assist you in correcting your answer.
- If you leave the online program stagnant for a period of time, you will be able to resume where you left off.
- Once complete, a certificate of achievement will be generated, but you are not required to print this as you will receive a wallet card accrediting you as a Certified Manager by Ringette Canada. These individuals will be registered with their provincial/territorial association and with Ringette Canada as certified managers.
- You will have the ability to review the Manager’s Certification Program by logging onto the system at any point in the future.
- All certified managers will be added to the Manager’s database and will have the ability to receive emails regarding updates or professional development opportunities. All provinces will be provided with a master list of all certified managers in their province.
- Certification Deadlines: Certification deadlines for tournaments or provincial/territorial championships vary across Canada. It is your responsibility to check with your provincial/territorial association regarding deadlines affecting your certification. Don’t make assumptions – check and be sure!
Canadian Ringette Championships - The certification deadline for managers whose teams attend the CRCs is February 28. Managers of teams playing at this level should be prepared well in advance.